Nine California Counties Among This Year’s Digital Counties Survey Winners
Technology is an indispensable part of local government. Digital innovation doesn’t just improve efficiency, it can help municipalities further their goals of accountability and transparency. With that in mind, the Center for Digital Government (CDG) and the National Association of Counties (NACo) rank counties’ technological prowess year after year. And once again, California counties shine bright in 2017.
In the 100,000+ population category, winners included Alameda, Riverside, and San Diego counties. The 500,000 to 999,999 category featured San Joaquin, San Mateo, Sonoma, and Ventura as winners. Napa and Nevada made the 150,000 or less category.
In addition to the county rankings, the 2017 Digital Counties Survey gives us a snapshot of the top technology matters and initiatives that will dominate discussions next year. They’re as follows:
2. Hire/Retain Competent IT Personnel
3. Mobility AND Transparency/ Open Data/ Data Governance
4. Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations
5. Citizen Engagement/ Experience
6. Cloud Computing AND Budget & Cost Control
7. Business Intelligence/ Analytics
8. Shared or Collaborative Services
9. Networking: Broadband & Connectivity
10. Virtualization: Server, Desktop/Client, Storage, Applications
Be sure to check out the survey here.