THE LATEST ABOUT SMART CITIES: CITYLAUNCH 2019
By Jim Madaffer, former San Diego City Councilman and President of Madaffer Enterprises.
We are at a special time in our history. Smart Cities. Connected Communities. Wireless technology is exploding. The shared economy and technology emerging now is the stuff of dreams. Driverless vehicles are in our future. A new era in transportation is coming. Climate Action Plans are being developed. It’s important to understand the many sectors this will impact over the next decade.
The concept of “Smart Cities” has become wildly popular over the past few years, with the promise that with the right technology, smart cities can improve everything from public safety, citizen engagement, economic development, transportation, and more — all at a lower cost.
CityLaunch 2019 (https://connectedcc.org/) takes place at the Hard Rock Hotel in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter on March 10-12, 2019. Produced by non-profit Connected Communities Collaborative, this conference is about more than just smart cities, it’s about bringing together innovators and technologists with city leaders from throughout the United States and beyond to create a digital future accessible for all.
With an impressive line of speakers, CityLaunch will focus on connecting the private and public sectors to create roadmaps and better regional collaboration to ensure cities remain innovative and successful.
As a Public Sector Attendee:
• Learn how to develop a smart city strategic roadmap tailored to your city
• Receive hands-on coaching from practitioners with a track record of success
• Leave with a blueprint for your city to implement
• Gain access to a full suite of ongoing resources, including monthly webinars
• Network with civic leaders from peer cities and meet leading technology providers
• Re-imagine city services with technologists and innovators from across the US
You are invited to learn about best practices, case studies for success and pitfalls to avoid in the new smart city and connected communities’ frontier.