Over Half a Dozen People Poisoned by Cannabis Vape Carts in Kings County
Seven people were recently hospitalized after consuming cannabis from unregulated cartridges containing toxins in Hanford, California.
The Kings County Health Department issued a press release last week warning the public to stay away from cartridges that have not been tested by the state.
“If you’re going to vape THC, get it from a licensed dispensary where you know there’s a certain amount of testing required to do. It sounds like it’s going to cost twice as much as the stuff on the street, but you don’t want to end up in with a life-threatening respiratory condition,” said health officer Dr. Milton Teske.
The patients — all of whom had used vaping carts sold on the black market — were hospitalized with severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (SARDS) and taken to Hanford’s intensive care unit for treatment. Some were put on ventilators and would have died without it, the county said.
Authorities believe the incidents are connected to a cluster of vape-related poisonings in the midwest.
Read more at Leafly.