Imperial County Launches 2021 Fellowship Program for Third-Year College Students
Five undergraduate students in Imperial County who wish to make change in their communities will soon be eligible for up to $20,000 in grants.
The County Board of Supervisors adopted the 2021 Fellowship program last month. It’s a $1 million Public Benefits Program fund that qualifying students can use toward housing, food, and other needs.
To qualify, individuals must:
- Be a high school graduate of Imperial County
- Between the ages of 18-24 at application
- Be entering third year of undergraduate coursework at an accredited college or university
- Have and maintain a 3.5 GPA
- Complete a County service project
- Complete the Work Academy
- Maintain ongoing communication with mentor
- Commit to 18 months of full-time, limited term employment with the County after graduation
The application process opened on April 9 and will run through May 14.